Mike Montague interviews Paul van den Hoven on How to Succeed at Being Assertive.
In this episode:
- The best attitude, behavior, and technique on how to succeed at being assertive
- There’s a balance between being too assertive and too “nice”
- Transactional analysis allows us to read where our client is
- I want it, but I don’t need it
- Record and practice, practice, practice
- Have a vision and goals for the short term as well as the long term
- Use softening statements
- Be firm enough to let your client’s experience their pain
- It starts with yourself
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe.