Episode 400 features Mike Montague interviewing Todd Herman, author of The Alter Ego Effect, on How to Succeed at Embracing Your Alter Ego. You can also get the audiobook and Kindle version of his book on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Alter-Ego-Effect-Identities-Transform-ebook/dp/B075WPWMSK In this episode:
- Why embrace your alter ego?
- Even Superman needed an alter ego
- Specializing on one thing may hurt you
- How playfulness, discovery, and curiosity can help you
- How to use totems and artifacts to activate enclothed cognition
- Don’t fake it ‘till you make it, do this instead
- How many alter egos should you have?
- How to turn your alter egos on and off
- The hardest part of using alter egos
- Don’t wear the labels of others
- How Todd defines success
- A big hurdle Todd had to overcome
- Favorite rule to live by
Find Todd Herman, The Alter Ego Effect, and get the audiobook and Kindle version of his book on Amazon here: https://www.amazon.com/Alter-Ego-Effect-Identities-Transform-ebook/dp/B075WPWMSK
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe.