Mike Montague interviews Jeff Peek, an immigration attorney, on How to Succeed at Keeping Your Clients. Jeff is highly experienced with criminal trials, having defended numerous clients against serious charges. He has also represented clients in deportation hearings, in consulates and in immigration offices, fighting and advocating for the rights of immigrants before judges, prosecutors, and local law enforcement. Jeff has advanced the due process rights of immigrants and is a passionate advocate and voice for those who have been marginalized and those who have lacked proper representation.
Find Jeff Peek at: https://www.peekandtoland.com/
He shares incredible advice for having difficult conversations with your clients, getting referrals, and keeping your clients for the long-term.
In this episode:
- The best attitude, behavior and technique on how to succeed at keeping your clients
- Doing your business well is not always enough to keep your clients
- Sometimes you have to move ahead before you see the path
- Don’t duck phone calls
- How to have difficult conversations
- Lean in when things go sideways
- Four ways to keep clients when things don’t go perfectly
- Have a touch system in place for your clients
- Find a way to look at repetitive tasks with new eyes
- Jeff’s favorite Sandler rule
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe.
Find white papers, webinars, and more in our free Sandler E-Learning Library: https://www.sandler.com//sell