Mike Montague interviews Matthew Dashper-Hughes on How to Succeed at Labeling Emotions.
In this episode:
- The best attitude, behavior, and technique on how to succeed at labeling emotions
- Journal and focus on the processes more than the outcomes
- Use active, empathetic listening
- Watch your client’s body language, face, and tone
- Create a graph of arousal and valence for your clients
- Your client may be unable to label their own emotions
- Keep a GAGA journal – Gratitudes, Affirmations, Goals, and Achievements for the day
- Review I/R theory
- Fear and excitement are very similar physiologically
- Matthew’s definition of success and favorite Sandler rule
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe.
Find white papers, webinars, and more in our free Sandler E-Learning Library: https://www.sandler.com//sell