This week we welcome Martine Kalaw, author of The ABCs of Diversity: A Manager’s Guide to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion in the New Workplace.
Tap into your organization’s full potential through understanding and strategic implementation of the best DEI Practices.
Learn how to create an inclusive work environment to encourage your employees to show up every day without the fear of saying or doing the wrong thing.
Martine Kalaw discusses why she chose the title, The ABCs of Diversity, as it is intended to be a primer to support managers and HR in understanding and navigating the conversation around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. She also goes over how the media’s introduction of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion with academic jargon has caused people to be scared of saying the wrong thing and not engage in the conversation. She encourages people to instead focus on learning, listening, understanding, validating, and evolving.
Key Topics and Timestamps
- 0:00:02 – Exploring the ABCs of Diversity with Martine Kalaw
- 0:02:25 – Conversation on the ABCs of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion for Managers and Human Resources Professionals
- 0:04:46 – Utilizing Existing Management Skills for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Initiatives
- 0:06:28 – Common Misconceptions and Attitudes Around Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) in Sales
- 0:11:37 – Exploring the Benefits of Diversity in Sales
- 0:15:09 – Strategies for Establishing Equity and Inclusion in the Workplace
- 0:17:36 – Exploring Strategies for Increasing Representation and Mitigating Bias in the Workplace
- 0:23:39 – Increasing Representation and Performance Through Diversity Initiatives
- 0:25:45 – Leveraging the Benefits of Remote Work for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- 0:31:59 – Brainstorming Solutions for Engaging Virtual Meetings
- 0:33:36 – Defining Success and Improving Virtual Meetings
- 0:35:10 – Biggest Lesson Learned and Favorite Quote
- 0:37:21 – The ABCs of Diversity and Succeeding with DEI
- The key to success is to have the right attitude and set up systems and techniques to have open conversations.
Find Martine Kalaw at https://martinekalaw.com/