Sandler's Leadership Solutions
Better leaders mean a brighter future
coaching, training, mentoring
What are the qualities of Leadership?
Leadership isn't just wielding power; fear is one of the least productive tools for motivating people to perform well. True leadership is providing guidance through the exercise of authority that has been earned.
Learn how to transform yourself into a leader with these insights.
Excerpted from our book, Transforming Leaders the Sandler Way, this sample chapter addresses how to differentiate between the job that you do and the person that you are.
Leadership isn’t the result of any particular management process
Its not an extension of the manager's authority as defined by the corporate hierarchy. It's the manner by which a process is implemented—the attitudinal qualities the manager brings to everyday interactions.
Successful managers must be able to effectively...
- Support corporate initiatives through the accomplishment of department goals.
- Channel their people’s efforts in the appropriate directions in order to accomplish those goals.
- Acquire specialized knowledge and skills relevant to managing people and helping them accomplish predictable results.
Effective leaders must build on those managerial skills, plus...
- Have an instinctual understanding about human nature, and why people act the way that they do.
- Be able to observe their peoples’ behavior, analyze and respond to it in an objective, supportive, and constructive manner.
- Encourage, enable and recognize their people for their performance.
The Sandler Blog
Sales, Leadership and Management
Sandler business experts and professional trainers offer insight and tips on current sales, sales management, leadership and management topics. We invite you to comment on our posts and to pass them on to your colleagues.
The Sandler Way
Author and Sandler trainer Dave Arch discusses his latest book, Transforming Leaders The Sandler Way, and that you can't transform a team or an organization until you've transformed yourself.
The book offers a user-friendly, graphically-driven guide to the 52 critical leadership lessons that support great careers and great teams. A full-color card deck supports the book.