There's nothing "soft" about these skills...
We specialize in solving the tough, complex business challenges through proven systems for communicating with, developing, and motivating people.
Your definitive path to Sales Mastery
Your guide to Organizational Excellence
Your GPS to Sustainable Success
We not only provide the skills necessary to grow your business, but we help you develop the attitudes and habits necessary to implement those techniques consistently and effectively over time.
In 1967, David Sandler realized that the traditional sales model was broken. Feature and benefit selling, discounting, and high-pressure tactics had led to a downward spiral, and salespeople were one of the most hated professions with lawyers and politicians. They deserved better. Prospects deserved better. And, he set out to design a better methodology, based on behavioral psychology that worked for both parties.
He developed the Sandler Selling System because he believed:
- Salespeople are professionals and deserve respect.
- The prospect must qualify for the salesperson’s time.
- Salespeople must follow a repeatable and scalable system.
Sandler also found that leadership and sales management was often an impossible task. Sales leaders were being asked to do the toughest job, grow revenue to support the rest of the organization, without any support, tools, or training. Sandler’s training enables sales leaders to establish a management framework built on productive behavior, collaboration, and accountability.
- You can only manage what you can control. Manage behavior, not results.
- Lead the team, motivate individuals. People will work harder for their reasons, than yours.
- You must use a playbook for success. Coach, train, and mentor others to execute the process.
Sandler quickly realized that salespeople and leaders needed more than sales scripts and tactics to be successful. People, left to their own devices, will default to their comfort zone, fall victim to their fears, and the new system will fail to take hold.
To get people to implement the communication principles he was teaching, they needed the correct:
- Attitude: a supportive belief in themselves, their company, and the marketplace.
- Behavior: the goals, plans, and clear actions to take on short- and long-term basis.
- Technique: the strategies, tactics, and personal presence to execute the system.
David Sandler was a true visionary, focused on creating a substantive chance and lasting success for our clients. His final breakthrough came when he discovered that awareness of these new philosophies was not enough to create positive results and ROI. He wrote the best-selling book, You Can’t Teach a Kid to Ride a Bike a Seminar, because he found that:
- Awareness and knowledge are not enough. You can’t get better by listening to other people talk about something.
- You MUST apply and practice your new skills to see results!
- Lasting results and permanent change come from long-term reinforcement.
David H. Mattson, President and CEO
Mattson worked closely with Sandler in the early days of the organization and assumed leadership in 2007. Mattson is a 7-time best-selling author, sales and management thought leader and keynote speaker around the world. He has added numerous programs to Sandler’s portfolio including Sandler Enterprise Selling, Leadership for Organizational Excellence, and Strategic Customer Care.
Why Sandler Works!
We have collected the best practice for sales, leadership and organizational success from thousands of trainers and millions of participants around the world for over 50 years.
30,000+ people trained per year
500,000~ hours of training around the globe each year
50% more salespeople hit quotas than those without Sandler
88% of salespeople said their sales strategy improved
96% of clients polled would recommend Sandler