How to Succeed at Giving Good Feedback
Mike Montague interviews Sharlene Douthit on How to Succeed at Giving Good Feedback. In this episode:
- Why it can be hard to receive feedback
- Good feedback helps you get better
- Give feedback on someone’s role, not their identity
- When giving feedback, have empathy and meet them where they are
- Use: well, better, different questions
- What do you think you did well?
- What do you think you could have done better?
- If you had a do-over, what would you have done differently?
- Avoid judgmental messages
- End with, how can I support you?
- Follow up
- Start with what they did well, ask what they think they did well, and then discuss how to improve
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe. Find white papers, webinars, and more in our free Sandler E-Learning Library: https://www.sandler.com//sell