Mike Montague interviews Shelly O’Donovan on How to Succeed at Non-Verbal Communication. With over 20 years of experience as a proven leader in the public policy arena, she has gathered experience and expertise in government relations, public policy, lobbying, grassroots advocacy, legislative and regulatory processes, and policymaker engagement.
Find her at: https://authenticinfluencegroup.com/.
In this episode:
- The best attitude, behavior, and technique on how to succeed at non-personal communication
- Work on one skill at a time as you get better at them
- Look for specific non-verbal clues and dig for what they mean for that client
- Use open body language
- Look for someone licking their lips
- 20 seconds to make that first impression
- Zoom with cameras on
- Call out a handshake or hug if it’s someone new
- Take a break between Zooms
- Find ways to amp your energy up
- Watch for head nods
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe.
Find white papers, webinars, and more in our free Sandler E-Learning Library: https://www.sandler.com//sell