Discover the future of sales leadership and join the conversation on deal coaching with Troy Kanter!
Dive into the challenges faced by sales leaders and the common mistakes in deal coaching. Learn why meaningful and timely feedback is the key to success and explore the need for a structured approach.
Troy Kanter highlights the impact of unstructured methods on forecasting and pipeline management. Discover how intelligence and AI, including Auctus IQ’s contributions, bring data-driven insights into deal coaching.
Gain insights into the ideal attitudes for deal coaching, finding the balance between nurturing sales reps and maintaining objectivity.
Uncover the behavioral aspects of coaching with recommended weekly rhythms for one-on-one sessions as Kanter introduces seven critical questions that revolutionize deal coaching, from identifying the buyer to evaluating the value in the sales process. Learn the importance of reps self-assessing and holding themselves accountable.
Don’t miss out on this opportunity to enhance your sales leadership skills!
Key Topics & Timestamps
- 00:01:11 – Deal Coaching is the Most Underdeveloped Management Skill in Sales Leadership
- 00:05:00 – Emphasizing the Impact of Deal Coaching on a Sales Team’s Development and Organizational Success
- 00:07:04 – Sales is a Conversation Between Adults to Uncover the Truth
- 00:08:28 – Behavior Part of Deal Coaching, Including the Suggested Frequency and Cadence
- 00:10:29 – Challenges of Sales Managers and the Need for a Shift in Focus
- 00:11:52 – Importance of Spending 80% of the Time on Strategic Deal Coaching for Sales Managers
- 00:16:00 – Future of Selling and the Importance of Creating Value That AI Cannot Replicate
- 00:18:23 – The Role of Sales Managers in Coaching and Teaching Reps
- 00:22:47 – The Importance of Distinguishing Between Deals Based on Confidence Scores
- 00:24:51 – The Potential for Deal IQ to Drive Adoption and Accelerate Value in Sales Organizations
- Deal coaching is highlighted as a critical but often underdeveloped skill in sales leadership.
- Unstructured and subjective methods are common pitfalls in deal coaching.
- There is a need for a structured approach to deal with coaching.
- Lack of a structured approach can lead to downstream problems in forecasting and pipeline management.
- The ideal attitude for deal coaching involves a balance between nurturing and developing sales reps while maintaining objectivity.
- The Seven Critical Questions for Effective Deal Coaching
- Sales reps are encouraged to self-assess and hold themselves accountable by thoroughly addressing the seven critical questions.
- Providing timely and meaningful feedback is highlighted as impactful in shaping successful sales teams.