Mike Montague interviews George McGehrin on How to Succeed at Finding a New Job. George is the president of the McGehrin Group, an executive headhunter and recruiting firm. Find them online at: https://www.mcgehringroup.com/ Connect with George at: https://www.linkedin.com/in/gmcgehrin/ In this episode:
- Best attitude, behavior, and technique on How to Succeed at Finding a New Job.
- In this COVID-19 unemployment rate, attitude is more important than ever
- You are probably making what you think you’re worth
- If you aren’t getting the salary or position you want at your current company, are you staying there too long?
- Those who prepare the most get the most offers
- Do you prepare 15-20 hours for a high-level interview?
- Know the problems the organization is trying to solve
- The unbelievably low rate of getting a position by applying online
- Network and keep track of your math to get your new position
- How little time you have to convince someone to interview you
- Customize your resume to their pain points
- How George defines success now
- Activity breeds activity
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe. Find white papers, webinars, and more in our free Sandler E-Learning Library: https://www.sandler.com/sell