Mike Montague, director of community engagement at Sandler, interviews Brian Moran, best-selling author, on How to Succeed at the 12 Week Year. The effectiveness of traditional goal setting using “annual goals” has long been debunked as an ineffective goal-achieving approach for eight out of ten people. The 12 Week Year book will walk you through the proven step-by-step system for achieving more in 12 weeks than others do in 12 months.
Find Brian and his book at: https://12weekyear.com/
In this episode:
- The best attitude, behavior, and technique on how to succeed at the 12 week year
- This came out of periodization
- Knowing that you don’t control the outcome is freeing
- Consistent action, not perfection, is key
- If you plant enough, you will harvest
- What do you want your life to look like?
- How do your 12 weeks goals fit in to that?
- Use the goals to develop your weekly plan
- Schedule the most difficult things early in the week
- The marketplace sets the bar for what is required to succeed at your goals
- Don’t try to catch up, just get back on track
- Brian’s definition of success
The How to Succeed Podcast is a public and free podcast from Sandler Training, the worldwide leader in sales, management, and customer service training for individuals all the way up to Fortune 500 companies with over 250 locations around the globe.
Find white papers, webinars, and more in our free Sandler E-Learning Library: https://www.sandler.com/sell