During the Summer of 2023, Sandler Research Center conducted research to establish a snapshot of Sales Benchmarks.
The survey was completed by more than 300 global respondents with an emphasis on small and medium-sized organizations defined by annual revenue of less than $50 million.
The results were quite optimistic given that the global economy was quite uncertain at the time. The results are interesting and intended to be a snapshot of sales conditions at the time.
A few key insights of the research show that:
- 55% of respondents report their sales team at 50% of quote or above– up from 48% when SRC asked this question in 2019.
- 63% of respondents believe they have the right people in the right roles. That results was significantly more (23 point) than when SRC asked in 2019.
- 2023 results were almost 10% higher than 2019 for the question how effective was the training a sales manager received before taking on the role.
- About a third or respondents said the ongoing training a manager gets is LESS THAN effective.
- A similar response (about a third) for those who say their managers are less than effective at coaching.
- About 36% responded their sales and marketing teams were less than effective in working together to drive business.
Fill out the form to download a full copy of the report or review our other resources here.